Monday, 28 December 2015

New Zealand & Japan at dawn from EA5

I hiked early this morning back to the Raca summit near Castellon & Benicassim - IN90xb - acompanied by some family members. This place is 440m a.s.l. and has a great take off towards the East.



I set up an inv V dipole for 20m and my FT-817 + 50W Tokyo Hy-Power PA. I was QRV at 7.10.z and started calling CQ in CW. I quickly logged a few Europeans and shortly after Hide JH8JYV.

Panoramic view of Benicassim & Port of Castellon - El Grao

A bit later, I spotted Ian ZL2AIM in the cluster and turned the dial to hear him calling CQ. I called him. He was a 559 on my end with 400W and was struggling to copy me but thanks to his patience we managed to complete the QSO and exchange names and QTHs.
Around 8:00z I heard C5WP with a good signal on SSB, gave him a call a couple of times but did not manage to break the pile up.


Around 8.15z, we packed and hiked back to our QTH to have some breakfast.

73 de Angel ... EA5/M0HDF/P

2 comments:

  1. Hello Angel, great story. A morning to remember. 73, Bert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bert, thanks for the note. Very good WX at the moment for /P over here. I have done 4 SOTA activations over the last week with fb conditions.

    73 Angel

    ReplyDelete