Wednesday, 29 October 2014

QRP "mini-expedition" in EA8 Tenerife

I will be QRV from EA8 Tenerife - IOTA AF-004 from 1-7 Nov as EA8/M0HDF/P


The plan is to activate SOTA EA8/TF-002 Guajara on 4-Nov. - alerts in place in the sotaweb page.
and fit some /P operating at dawn and in the evening around familiy activities.

From 4th in the evening -7th morning - I am planning to operate from the beach near to El Medano - IL18rb

Question mark whether I will be able to operate from 1-3 Nov as we will based at Puerto de la Cruz - IL18rj  in the North and got some plans with local friends.

Equipment is HB1B - 40/30/20m. 3-4Watts
Antennas:
Multiband EFHW and Mountain Tuner
1/4w GP for 20m (in bits in my bag)
Elecraft T1
5m travel pole


Following Dom's M1KTA advice, among other things I have packed some wire, choc block, a bit of coax and a BNC to build an emergency 1/4w GP for 20m with the 5m travel pole. Thanks to all the folks on the G-QRP who got back to me with some tips. - Colin G8TMV, Brian GM4XQJ and  Pete M3KXZ as well as the SOTA crew who provided some advice about travelling with radio equipment.


eQSL only.

Where possible I will put some updates here (blog)


Packing

More stuff

72 Angel EA8/M0HDF/P


No comments:

Post a Comment